Cell2Cell Summer School in chromatin and infection biology at the single-cell level
24th – 29th September 2023
We are gladly inviting you to join our Summer School in chromatin and infection biology at the single-cell level!
Cell2Cell is an EC-funded Innovative Training Network (ITN) of academic and industry groups, which provides multidisciplinary and intersectoral training for early-stage researchers (ESRs) in the fields of pathogen biology, chromatin biology, bioinformatics, and single-cell methods (www.cell2cell.eu).
Our Summer School offers outstanding and enthusiastic doctoral students from all over the world the opportunity to interact, meet colleagues, discuss, and attend talks about their cutting-edge science from international experts and leading researchers in the field. During the event, the 1-week program of interdisciplinary talks and poster sessions focuses on several topics linking infectious biology to chromatin and single-cell technologies.
During this week, you will discuss science, present a poster and enjoy social activities in an open, diverse, and unique environment! You will have the opportunity to sign up to dine with your favorite speaker/PI, where you can enjoy dinner and chat together with your colleagues and one of the speakers. Such dinners are a great opportunity to foster networking and benefiting you in your academic and professional career.
Don’t miss the opportunity and register!
24th – 29th September 2023
The summer school will be held in Sesimbra, Portugal. Sesimbra is a fishing town near Lisbon, Known for its beaches, traditional fish restaurants, and relaxing atmosphere.
Accommodation and main activities during the event will take place at the Hotel do Mar.
- Ana Pombo, Max Delbrück Center for Molecular Medicine, Berlin, Germany
- Artur Scherf, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
- David Horn, University of Dundee, UK
- Marc Bühler, Friedrich Miescher Institute for Biomedical Research, Basel, Switzerland
- Martin Howard, John Innes Centre, Norwich, UK
- Michael Hagemann-Jensen, karolinska Institutet, Sweden
- Mohamed-Ali Hakimi, Institute for Advanced Biosciences (IAB), Grenoble, France
- Nina Papavasilio, DKFZ, Heidelberg, Germany
- Rana Hajjeh, Director of Programme Management, World Health Organization (WHO)
- Robin Allshire, University of Edinburgh, Scotland
- Wendy Bickmore, MRC Human Genetics Unit, Institute of Genetics and Cancer, University of Edinburgh, Scotland
- Luisa Figueiredo, Instituto de Medicina Molecular (iMM), Lisbon, Portugal
- Nicolai Siegel, Biomedical Center Munich, Ludwig-Maximilians-University, Munich, Germany
- Sigurd Braun, Institute for Genetics, Justus-Liebig-University Giessen, Germany
Early-bird registration till 31st of May 2023: 790 EUR
Registration afterward: 990 EUR
- Attendance of all the sessions
- Accommodation at the Hotel do Mar (arrival on September 24th and departure on September 29th)
- Breakfasts, lunches, and coffee breaks at the Hotel do Mar (September 24th – September 29th)
- Opening dinner (September 24th)
- Airport shuttles (bus) on arrival (September 24th, afternoon) and departure (September 29th)
Please register here!
All participants are expected to present a poster. The abstracts must be submitted online during the registration process.
The closest airport to Sesimbra is Lisbon Portela Airport (LIS), Portugal. On the official arrival (September 24th) and departure (September 29th) days, shuttle busses from and to the airport will be organized for the participants. Information on the shuttle buses will be provided later.
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 Research and Innovation programme under the Marie Skłodowska-Curie grant number 860675.